Saturday, April 26, 2008

Mimi Proves That The Show Must Go On!




Mariah Carey (my Mimi) took over NYC’s Times Square to perform today on Good Morning America and contrary to what other websites have been reporting she did a great job! During her first performance of “Touch My Body” her back-up track (which almost every singer uses during live performances) started too soon and Mimi being the true singer she is, kept right on singing live! That’s right, the show must go on! And then at around the 3 minute mark of the performance, the back-up track skipped ahead again causing Mimi to turn to one of her backup singers and sing “Stop singing my paaaarttt…now babbbby…” in order to play off what had happened. So the bottom-line is that Mimi was going to sing live along/over the back-up track for “Touch My Body” which started skipping, but as you can hear she was singing live and still can sing every note live with or without the back-up track. Take me higher lord, I would have totally lost it but Mimi held it together but I could tell she was super duper pissed as anyone would be.

Here’s her technical-mishap-filled performance of “Touch My Body” from Good Morning America today that Mariah totally worked through like any true diva should.

No comments:

ads here

Your Ad Here