Thursday, May 20, 2010

BOYZONE Singer RONAN KEATING Splits From Wife

BOYZONE singer RONAN KEATING and his wife YVONNE are separating after 12 years.The pair released a statement this morning confirming the split, which is said to be "amicable". The break-up comes just months after the death of Ronan's close friend and bandmate STEPHEN GATELY. A statement issued on the couple's behalf said: "With great sadness, Ronan and Yvonne Keating today announce their separation. 

"The separation is amicable and they will continue to work together in order to provide the best for their children. "The family ask for privacy at this difficult time." A spokesman said there would be no further comment. Keating and his Irish model wife have three children, Jack, Marie and Ali. The former couple met in their early teens and married after a short relationship. They tied the knot in April 1998 on the island of Nevis in the Caribbean and their first child, Jack, was born within a year. Ronan had previously spoken about how falling in love with Yvonne ended the partying lifestyle he became accustomed to in the early days of Boyzone.
He said: "A lot of the time I was dating and there would be girls throwing themselves at me. I'd say, 'No, no, no. I can't.'  "And then there was the first time I had a one-night stand. I left my girlfriend the next day. I called her and said, 'I can't be with you any more.' "I went through this brilliant stage of being with a different girl every other night. Then I met Yvonne and everything changed." The pair's beach marriage came less than three months after the death of Ronan's mum MARIE from breast cancer. They renewed their vows in Ireland in 2000 with friends and family. Speaking of their relationship in one interview, he said: "I've said it before and I'll say it a thousand times, my wife is everything to me. She's my rock, the love of my life. I'm very lucky."

No comments:

ads here

Your Ad Here