Monday, November 10, 2008

Battle of the divas at WMAs

IT was the battle of the divas at the World Music Awards in Monte Carlo last night as BEYONCE and MARIAH CAREY competed to be the LAST at the bash. Beyonce skipped the red carpet but her opening slot on the show hampered her attempts to arrive any later as the show was already delayed by an hour. Dressed in sexy black leather trousers, Beyonce ensured the wait was worth it as she belted out new single If I Were A Boy and hit song Single Ladies.
And looking emotional, Beyonce had a long list of people to thank when picking up her prize for Best International Female. She said: "I want to thank my dad Matthew who is here with me tonight, my sisters, my mum and my DESTINY'S CHILD bandmates. This is such a special moment for me." Mariah - wearing a show-stopping silver sparkling dress - arrived 45 minutes AFTER proceedings had started, grabbed her Lifetime Achievement trophy and swiftly left – only drinking specially flown-in Polish water along the way.
Ignoring all the silly stuff was RINGO STARR, THE BEATLE fittingly honoured with the Ulimate Legend gong. And British Pride was restored – with our acts picking up three major trophies to make up for the lousy showing at last week’s MTV bash where the only UK winner, besides a Lifetime Achievement Award for SIR PAUL McCARTNEY, was RICK ASTLEY.
COLDPLAY were named World’s Best Rock Act, LEONA LEWIS got Best Pop Female and troubled AMY WINEHOUSE was Best Pop/Rock Female.




No comments:

ads here

Your Ad Here